Role Title: Compliance Assistant Manager / Manager (Jersey)
Reporting to: Head of Compliance (Jersey)
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Head of Compliance of Belasko Jersey Limited (BJL) specifically and more generally to the wider Belasko business.
The role will require regular interaction with staff at all levels across the Belasko Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the BJL Head of Compliance and Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Consider and respond to requests for assistance from employees in respect of compliance and AML/CFT matters.
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory standards and changes in respect of AML/CFT/CPF in Jersey.
- Assist in preparing reports for quarterly board meetings of BJL and any operational and client companies (where applicable).
- Assisting with elements of the Compliance Monitoring Program and other ad hoc Compliance Reviews.
- Assisting with the improvement of policies and procedures that may result from Compliance Monitoring.
- Assisting with any requests for data or information from any regulatory authorities, whether routine or ad hoc.
- Supporting the Belasko Compliance Group with other ad hoc projects as and when required.
- It is envisaged that the candidate will be receptive to assuming a Key Person role within the business, either for BJL as the main Belasko Jersey license holding entity, or potentially on a number of client entities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You will hold, or be studying towards, a relevant compliance-related qualification.
- You will have experience working within a compliance function.
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An appreciation of AML, Sanctions, conduct and business risk and an ability to quantify and explain this risk to other staff.
- Proactive and solution-focused.
- Deliver work of a high standard with attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve compliance goals and deadlines where operational considerations may compete.
- Prioritising own work and contributing to prioritising goals and objectives in the Belasko Group.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org