About the role:
The purpose of the position is to work closely with the senior management team in building of the corporate secretarial unit, take a lead on the setup of the company’s processes and procedures and to ensure corporate secretarial, governance, regulatory and administrative matters are adhered to at both local Belasko and client entity level.
The role will require regular interaction with staff at all levels across the Belasko Group, clients, the CSSF and third-party service providers and advisors.
- Set up of procedures and policies in accordance with CSSF circulars and relevant national and European law.
- Manage day-to-day corporate secretarial matters, governance, and administrative aspects of a portfolio of domiciled funds and their underlying SPVs.
- Assist the company and directors on all issues of Luxembourg contract law, commercial law and corporate law.
- Play an integral part in the recruitment process for the Corporate Secretarial Unit.
- Supervision of subsequent team members and coaching of junior staff.
- Take part in the onboarding of new clients and ensuring that relevant AML/KYC and CDD is in good standing.
- Transaction monitoring of portfolio transactions
- For key meetings, assist with the preparation of Board meetings, along with board packs, attend and minute the meetings and follow-up on action points.
- For key meetings draft the agenda, minutes, proxies, and other legal documentation related to the Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General meetings of shareholders.
- Monitor all topics on the corporate calendar.
- Ensure all statutory registers are up to date.
- Coordinate service provider relationships, liaise with internal and external stakeholders such as auditors, law firms, the regulator, notaries etc.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and act accordingly.
- Ensure the integrity of the clients’ governance framework and provide guidance as to good corporate governance proceedings.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role in the financial sector.
- In depth knowledge of the Luxembourg Fund legalisation and corporate secretarial function.
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg compliance and regulatory compliance environment.
- 7+ years’ experience
- Integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff and management within the Belasko Group as well as clients and third party service providers (where applicable);
- Proactive, solution focussed and self-sufficient.
To apply for this job email your details to Emma.Swieton@belasko.com